Monday, October 13, 2008

I'd like to introduce you to our local church's website:

http://www.karencommunitychurch.org/

Also, there is a small chance that I may be able to attend Leadership Summit Global in November! Basically, it's the one that occurred in the States in August, but broadcasted here in Nairobi later. The cool thing is- Bill Hybels is coming to Nairobi and speaking here live! So that'd be a fun thing to see. I missed the deadline (it was Friday), so I emailed someone, asking if an exception could be made.

Asante was sick last week, but he's fully recovered, as of today. It was Jake and I's first test in caring for a very sick child. I suppose we're blessed if this first occurred after 11 months :). I can't believe he's going to be a year old in a month! The time has flown by. He's becoming way more verbal (he loves to repeat what we say), and he's doing a really good job of communicating with us in his own way.

On a different note, I'm SO glad that Catalyst is over. I've been thinking about it the whole time I've been here, but now it's over and there's nothing i can do about going. Lol, I fantasized of jumping on a plane and taking it straight to Atlanta. Lol, oh dear :).

Jake has about 1 month of classes left! This term has flown by, for him and I both. We have the month of December off, so we're hoping to visit our Compassion child, Emmanuel. We're still trying to work it out though.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany -- re: missing Catalyst, thought this post might cheer you up a bit: http://blog.visionnavigator.com/2008/10/church-unique-giveaway-winner.html

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

we missed you too... but GUESS WHO BOUGHT THE DVDs?!?!

and, just fyi... they didn't really do much cool, interactive stuff this year. We didn't set any records or anything.

Just so you know. :)

Unknown said...

i wish you were there (except you wouldnt have been as prego...lol) but like i said in my email you are gonna get LOTS of notes from both of the conferences...

on another note...that is so cool you get to see emmanuel maybe! wambu emailed me and said that he was in kenya for a couple of days and tried to get a hold of jake, but i think he was lying. thats okay...maybe he will be back or something later...

okay, i think thats all for now :)

Unknown said...

p.s. i think the link isn't working for your church. i have tried a couple of times and it hasn't worked at all. :(

Anonymous said...

Tiff (& Jake),

I think we broke that Church's website :( . I can't believe that Jake is down to his last month of the first set of classes already! I hope that he is holding up well. His Luke 8 paper looked pretty good.

You were mentioned fondly several times over the course of Catalyst. (wo)Man, that conference really energized me in relation to the state of the Church in America. It's gonna be hard to call us a dead or dying faith here in a little bit.

Meredith and I really miss you all. Esp as the weather gets cooler and the urge for board games comes forth!

jenny said...

The website looks great :)

Have you talked to that bead lady anymore? I don't think we're going to have a party at Christmas time, but I'm thinking we might have one in the spring? I need to talk to Kim, my ever-faithful Bead for Life partner.

Denise said...

Tiff, I'm so happy you got to go!! Hope it's wonderful.