Thursday, July 3, 2008

Packing

So far, so good. I've been officially unemployed (weird!) for 3 days, and it's been a productive week. Jake and I have spent the afternoons going through the upstairs office/storage room while Asante is napping. We've been very successful in our progress. I think our goal is to have everything in the house looked at by Tuesday evening, and then I'll spend Wednesday and Thursday pricing things-- because my yard sale is on Friday and Saturday! We're hoping to get rid of a lot of our stuff-- if you're in the Columbia area, be sure to come take a look. We're selling some good stuff, I think. And all the money goes to our 2-year trip to Africa! :)

We're going to Potosi for the weekend to visit Jake's parents and brother's family. I'm excited to see them! This may be the last time for awhile.... so sad. We've officially begun the good-byes-- Emily Sutterfield left for St. Louis (and soon Alabama) for good. :(

5 comments:

Christine said...

So, what does "MZUNGU" mean? I'm sure you used this for a reason!

Jessica said...

hey honey... just got your last newsletter! And just added this blog to my google reader. I can't believe it's really all happening...

p.s. loved that my shots made it in the newsletter!

jenny said...

what time is the sale starting on friday? i might come out there then too- good excuse to get out of the office :) :)

Isaac Johnson said...

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures from this blog...but I CAN wait for you guys to leave:) I'll try to make it out to the sale. Any books for sale???

Tiffany said...

christine- mzungu means white person in swahili, hehe.

jess- whoops! i should have asked, or cited your amazing abilities, i really meant to, but didn't ... oh dear, please forgive me :).

jenny- starts at 8a on friday-- until 3!

isaac- yes yes, come to the sale. we do indeed have a few books for sale. i'm not sure that you'll like any of them....i can't recall which ones are in there at the moment. but you may like a few! :)