Wednesday, January 28, 2009

And All the Other Stuff, Part I

How about everything between Christmas and coming back?

Jake has started classes…we’re in the 4th week. This semester he’s taking Greek II, Morphology and Syntax, Semantics, and Sociology of Language. He’s been approved to sit early for his exams, which means he’ll be taking them the last week of classes, instead of waiting through Reading Week and then Exam Week. We’re excited that the administration allowed him to do this—otherwise he would have not gotten any credit for them. From last term, he got his grades last week and they were great! He was pleased with them; I wanted to put his grade report on the fridge but he wouldn’t let me ☺.

Asante has been attending baby class almost every morning, and really loving it. So far he hasn’t cried when I left, which is a huge improvement from last term! He’s really warming up to the teachers and he loves being around all the kids. He’s turned into a bibliophile again- we’re reading all of his books to him everyday (about 20), and not just once, but over and over. He does that and play ball. That’s about it while he’s home ☺.

As for me, I’ve been working on getting things ready for my departure, making chore lists, menus, recipe cards for Grace and Jake, grocery lists, lists of things to give away and to who, etc. We’ve also gone to a few “going-away dinners” which have been fun and sad. I can’t believe it’s coming up so soon. It’s only been 6 months, but in many ways it feels like home. I’ve also been reading a lot during Asante’s naps (I’ve finished quite a few books)- trying to take advantage of both the library’s books and our friends- Ben and Christi’s books. Both have good books that have been on my list of books to read for awhile.

2 comments:

KrayonKel said...

Reading all the time? Sounds like his mommy and daddy. :)

jenny said...

The 5 am club means getting up at 5 everyday :)